The Future of Manufacturing Technology
- White Paper
The future of technology in manufacturing is rapidly changing. With new communication technologies and globalization challenges, companies today must adopt different attitudes and new approaches to manufacturing. The executive guide will help manufacturers understand the current trends, as well as future challenges, and how today's leading manufacturers are overcoming them.
Based on research from top industry reports and the Harvard Business Review, this guide will address the significant changes to come. This includes the proliferation of 3-D printers and the new breed of manufacturers in this “new normal” way of life.
"When we are unable to find what we need in nature, we make it." ~ Scientific American
- Discover the new trends of manufacturing that allow for production flexibility and the requirement for new production methodologies and processes.
- Understand the new product models and the need for new change material and component planning that is a growing trend among leading manufacturers.
- Gain insight on some of the new production strategies that enable manufacturers to better serve both global and local demands.
- Learn how leading manufacturers are utilizing sensor technologies and data analytics to optimize operations and empower faster and more accurate decision-making.
- Explore how SMAC (social, mobile, analytics, cloud) and VUCA (volatility, uncertainty, complexity, ambiguity) are changing the ways manufacturers and distributors approach the supply chain.
ERP Systems, like SYSPRO, provide significant support in the future of manufacturing that allow for more flexible and adaptable manufacturing scenarios. SYSPRO is an award-winning, best-of-breed Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system that has been proudly supporting manufacturers and distributors for over 30 years.