Paperless office works, well, almost always.
It seems like we are talking endlessly about going paperless in enterprise. The reason for our passion is because wastes and costs eat profits, non-lean processes and procedures cause operation ineffectiveness. We offer some valuable tools, for your consideration, to help implement your paperless initiatives.
We are talking about Dash's DDX™ Document Archive, an enterprise document management system for printing, archival, retrieval and storage system.
Here is a brief discussion on paperless automation systems and what they do for your enterprise:
Dash DDX™ Suite
DDX™ Document Archive Modules:
ddxPublisher™, ddxArchive™, ddxViewer™, ddxAdministrator™
- ddxPublisher™ allows you to archive virtually any file or scanned document. With ddxPublisher™ you assign “keywords” to your file/document then send it to the archive.
- ddxArchive™ is the structured repository for documents. ddxArchive™ manages and stores documents used in all facets of your business, including order management, procurement, engineering, production, accounting, ISO and more.
- ddxViewer™ allows you to quickly and easily locate all stored documents in DDX™.
- ddxAdministrator™ creates work flows, control security, create your own collections or views of document types, add new document types and control document retention policies.
- Optional enhancement: ddxPublisher™ Validation/ Auto Look-Up enables retrieval of keyword information from external databases to speed archival and improve accuracy. Includes (1) look-up. It is ideal for scanned or ad hoc documents.
DDX™ Form Recognition & Document Delivery Modules:
ddxConnect™, ddxPort™, DDX™ Delivery Preferences
- ddxConnect™ connects with your Business System (SYSPRO ERP) automating capture, delivery and distribution of your business forms and documents by fax, email and printers.
- ddxPort™ adds Form Recognition to DDX™ (electronic reading like Optical Character Recognition) making it easy to develop seamless integration with your existing systems; without any modification to the programs producing your forms. Once you "train" DDX™ to recognize a new form, your users only need "print", then DDX™ handles the delivery.
- DDX™ Delivery Preferences creates Delivery Preferences for each of your customers, vendors or other “destination”. They receive their documents the way they prefer — and all automatically. DDX™ takes care of it for you. Also use the delivery preferences to determine how individual documents are delivered.
Another strong point: Dash DDX™ operates independent from other system in your enterprise, performing all of these functions as a "simple" network printer. So what does your organization need to change? - Nothing! Just "print" as usual while Dash DDX™ captures and stores your documents in an SQL database instead of..
- reams of paper,
- toner cartridges,
- printer repairs,
- handling costs,
- filing cabinets,
- off-site storage fees,
- document destruction,
- recycling and compliance fees.
Your S&Ops costs just went on a cost-diet while your wallet gained all the extra weight.
Dash ddx™ Document and Delivery Software for SYSPRO ERP is a cost-effective, “green-minded” solution set which enables mid-market manufacturers to gain new cost and time efficiencies while addressing regulatory compliance mandates. The software continues SYSPRO’s leadership in “Green” ERP providing environmentally friendly options for your enterprise — in this case aimed at growth-oriented visionary businesses who want to reduce paper as well as gain new work flow efficiencies. Integrated and embedded into SYSPRO’s standard ERP solution set, the software enables workers to access, manage and automate the routing of all digital content directly from the SYSPRO system, thus increasing usability, reducing extra steps and saving operational costs. ~ ResponsibleERP
Companies spend on average:
- $20 in labor to file a document *
- $120 in labor to find a misfiled document *
- $220 in labor to reproduce a lost document *
- 7.5 percent of all documents get lost; 3 percent of the remainder get misfiled *
- Professionals spend 5 – 15 percent of their time reading information, but up to 50 percent looking for it *
- $24 average cost to process a single invoice manually **
- 40% of 1,200 organizations surveyed indicated disaster recovery planning not a priority +
- 2 out of 5 companies who experience a disaster are out of business in 5 years ++
* PricewaterhouseCoopers + Captaris ** IOMA ++ Gartner
For a personal needs analysis and your custom-configured, Dash DDX™ paperless enterprise system, please contact us for further information. Click here to download Dash DDX™ Paperless Enterprise factsheets.