- Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software integrates systems from different functional areas, making business operations more efficient.
- ERP systems offer better accessibility to data so that management can have up-to-the-minute access to information for decision making and managerial control.
- Some ERP systems can automate operations, workflow processes, and control workflow, which allows organizations to introduce standards that increase productivity, save time and reduce staffing requirements.
- The immediate benefit from implementing ERP systems we can expect is reduced operating costs, such as lower inventory control cost, lower production costs, lower marketing costs and lower help desk support costs.
- Increased visibility of the order fulfillment process from beginning to end helps reduce work-in-progress inventory and finished goods inventory.
- ERP software can be used to manage employee information across multiple business units, making it easier to track years of service and eligibility for benefits and services.
- Provide a consolidated picture of sales, inventory and receivables
- Many businesses can purchase ERP software packages tailored to the specific needs of their industry.
- Data to support Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are easily accessible.
The ERP choices are many. David Wormser, Eileen O'Malley and Alison Danis of Wormser Corporation detail their journey to select a new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Solution to integrate all aspects of their cosmetics components business.
Download the very popular white paper here: "Questions to Ask Before Buying ERP Software"