Customer behavior is shifting dramatically which forces companies to treasure customers and add Customer relationship Management integrated to ERP software.
This article by Xenia von Wedel: SYSPRO's CRM solution complements their ERP software makes the point well.
(SOA means Service Oriented Architecture - WOA means Web Oriented Architecture - integrating SOA and the internet )
There are ten basic steps to successful CRM+ERP integration:
CEO's Best Practices:
- Business executives whoown enterprise projects, from identifying goals and objectives to defining supporting business processes and metrics to ensuring adequate funding for implementation and support. Upper management buy-in and leadership is critical to the success of any technology initiative.
- Business projects need governance – not so much a command and control. Recognize the dynamic and interdepartmental nature of marketing campaigns, sales interactions, and service calls, and manage those deployments accordingly – by a representative team or governing body. Get input from all major areas which make up a customer management initiative, including sales, marketing, customer care, and vendor management early in the process.
- Establish a customer-focused culture throughout the entire organization.
- Ensure seamless integration with your back-office applications so critical elements of other third-party applications help provide a true 360-degree view of the customer.
- Get expert advice from technologists who have mastered the art of successful systems implementations.
- Design and implement employee buy-in programs to help your team understand the project value.
- Review, update, and implement automated business rules throughout the organization and report on the efficiencies and effectiveness of their use.
- Implement a system which is highly open, robust, and scalable as the amount of information you gather and manage will grow with the organization and increase over time. Make sure your corporate IT is responsible for the integration strategy, maintenance of master data, and adherence to technology standards in connecting these new applications.
- Identify your most profitable customers and provide products, services, and promotions to keep them as happy, loyal, customers.
- Identify tangible and measurable links to business performance before implementing a the new project. First identify the processes requiring change, the current level of performance achieved, and ongoing improvement monitoring.
Summary CRM Notes:
- First and foremost a strategy and corporate philosophy puting your customer at the center of business operations to increase profits by improving processes for adding new customers and customer retention.
- Involves identifying high-value customers and automating processes so sales, marketing, and service efforts will be more efficient and effective.
- In its complete form, SYSRO CRM provides a 360-degree view of customers and suppliers integrating all necessary information about those elements at every touch point – telephone, Internet-based, or mobile.
- Business solution toolset which enables this 360-degree view.
- The major integrated system components making up your CRM system include
- account and contact management,
- sales automation,
- marketing automation,
- customer care (service and support),
- vendor management, and
- integration with back-office applications (ERP, production, distribution, forecasting, and finally financials)